1. Indus valley Civilisation: Features, Sites, Society, Cultural History, Art and Religion.
Indus Valley Civilisation and Gujarat.
2. Vedic age- Jainism and Buddhism.
3. Foreign invasions on India and their impact.
4. The Mauryan and the Gupta Empire- their administration- social, religious and
economic conditions-art, architecture, literature, science and technology.
5. Kanishka , Harsha and South Indian Dynasties.
6. The Delhi Sultanate, Vijaynagar Empire and the Mughal Empire.
7. The Bhakti Movement and Sufism.
8. The Chavada, Solanki and Vaghela Dynasties of Gujarat- their rulers - administration,
economy, society, religion, literature, arts and architecture.
9. Independent Sultanate of Gujarat – Sultan Ahmedashah I, Mahmud Begda and
10. Gujarat under the Mughals and the Marathas, Gaekwad’s rule in Baroda- Walker’s
11. The European Trading companies in India- their struggle for supremacy- with special
reference to Bengal, Mysore, Marathas and Hyderabad.
12. Governor-Generals and Viceroys.
13. Indian war of Independence of 1857 - Origin, nature, causes, consequences and
significance with special reference to Gujarat.
14. Religious and social Reform Movements in 19th Century in India and Gujarat.
15. India’s Freedom Movement, Revolutionaries in India and abroad.
16. Reform measures by the Princely States of Saurashtra, Kutchh and Gujarat with
special reference to Sayajirao Gaekwad III of Baroda, Bhagwatsinhji of Gondal,
Waghji-II of Morbi, Bhavsinhji II of Bhavnagar, Lakhajiraj of Rajkot and Ranjitsinh
17. Mahatma Gandhi, his thoughts, principles and philosophy. Important Satyagrahas
with special reference to Satyagrahas of Gujarat - Kheda, Borsad, Bardoli, Dharasana,
Dholera, Rajkot and Limbadi.
18. The Role of Sardar Patel in freedom movement and post independence consolidation.
19. Dr. B.R. Ambedkar, his life and contribution to making of Indian Constitution.
20. India after Independence - Reorganization of the States within the country, Maha
Gujarat Movement, Major events.
|(B) Cultural Heritage
1. Cultural Heritage of India and Gujarat: Art forms, Literature, Sculpture and
2. Indian saint tradition and its impact on psyche of people.
3. Indian life style, Fairs, Festivals, Food, Costumes and Traditions.
4. Indian Music and its importance.
5. Gujarat’s Museums, Activities of Libraries, Cultural-Religious and Literary
6. Language and dialects of Gujarat.
7. Gujarati Theatre: Drama, songs and different groups.
8. Life of Adivasi (Tribes): Festivals, Fair, Costumes, Rituals etc.
9. Gujarati Literature: Modes, Streams, Litterateurs and Literary Organizations.
10. Pilgrimage and Tourist Places of Gujarat.
|(C) Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International
1. Indian Constitution: Evolution, features, Preamble, Fundamental Rights, Fundamental
Duties, Directive Principles of State Policy, Amendments, Significant Provisions and
2. Functions and Responsibilities of the Union and the States, Parliament and State
Legislatures: Structure, Function, Power and Privileges. Issues and challenges
pertaining to Federal Structure: Devolution of Power and Finances up to local levels
and Challenges therein.
3. Constitutional Authorities: Powers, Functions and Responsibilities.
4. Panchayati Raj.
5. Public Policy and Governance.
6. Impact of Liberalization, Privatization and Globalization on Governance.
7. Statutory, Regulatory and Quasi-judicial bodies.
8. Rights Issues (Human rights, Women rights, SC/ST rights, Child rights) etc.
9. India’s Foreign Policy – International Relations – Important Institutions, Agencies
and Fora, their structure and mandate.
10. Important Policies and Programmes of Central and State Governments.
|(D) General Mental Ability
1. Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability.
2. Number Series, Coding –Decoding.
3. Problems related to Relations.
4. Shapes and their Sub-sections, Venn Diagram.
5. Problems based on Clocks, Calendar and Age.
6. Number system and order of Magnitude.
7. Linear Equations - in one or two Variables.
8. Ratio, proportion and variation.
9. Average of mean, median, mode – including weighted mean.
10. Power and exponent, Square, Square Root, Cube Root, H.C.F. and L.C.M.
11. Percentage, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and loss.
12. Time and Work, Time and Distance, Speed and Distance.
13. Area and Perimeter of Simple Geometrical Shapes, Volume and Surface Area of
Sphere, Cone, Cylinder, cubes and Cuboids.
14. Lines, angels and common geometrical figures – properties of transverse of parallel
lines, properties of related to measure of sides of a triangles, Pythagoras theorem,
quadrilateral, rectangle, parallelogram, and rhombus.
15. Introduction to algebra – BODMAS, simplification of weird symbols.
16. Data interpretation, Data Analysis, Data sufficiency, Probability.